“When was the last time you did something for the first time?”
Think about it. When was the last time you tried something new? I believe it’s always important to learn new things that reach out of your comfort zone. I’m always usually striving to get out of mine. If I don’t, I know I’ll never learn something new. It’s better to do something, than wonder what it would ever be like. Half-marathon?=out of comfort zone. Introducing myself to strangers=was out of my comfort zone, until I did it more often, now I’m not as nervous when I meet someone new anymore!
Here’s some tips on how to get out of “that” zone.
- Be confident. Always tell yourself you can accomplish something. After all, most of it’s mind over matter (Unless you want fly like superman…that is genetically impossible)
- Gather with friends. Trying something new with friends, usually makes situations easier to handle.
- Have a positive attitude. If you’re a sassy sally the whole time, you’re not going to have a good experience.
- Be prepared. For whatever way you’re getting out of your comfort zone, do a little research so you’re not completely lost during
- Do something you want to try. Puuuuhh-lease, do not do something you don’t want to do (Like illegal activity for example)…that’s not just getting out of your comfort zone, that’s just being completely insane! Start small, and build your way up (: